Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

On request: a bean based tiger cake

I am experimenting big time in the kitchen now. Wonder why? Well because I decided to take on the challenge of making another dream come true and went to the local "arbis" (community evening school, where you can take a class on anything remotely interesting) and offered my expertise. Knocked on the principals door and said: 'I'd like to give a class on how to bake without sugar, wheat and milk, how do I do that?' Ten minutes later we had set up the course with the head of cooking classes and it was all set for this fall. I will become a hands-on teacher. Then I returned to my abstract world of research literature. Absurd!

Now I need to get the recipes straight. No more experimenting with the family and friends.  Now I have to get it right. So I am practicing. And may I add that the family actually has not been too upset about me taking on an extra job beside my already very time consuming researcher job. They love the side effects!

I already posted this following recipe on the other blog, but my one (and only?) fan on this blog insisted I'd translate. Apparently Google didn't do such a great job. So here it comes, may I present the....

TIGER CAKE (adapted with modifications from www.spunkycoconut.com)

Lighter batch:
3,5 cooked white beans
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
50-100 grams of soaked dates

Mix until smooth and then add: 

0,5 dl coconut oil
0,5 coconut meal (or less)
0,5 tsp sea salt or other quality salt
1 tsp bicarbonate
1,5 tsp baking powder

Mix well.

For the darker batch, do the same but instead of coconut meal use 0,75 dl (raw) cacao powder.

Grease the baking form with coconut oil. Add the two batches in layers. Bake in oven for 40 minutes in 200 degrees. Let cool before you take the cake out of the baking form.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment