Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Late night reflections

While hubby is out giving his liver a hard time and I should be giving a break to my adrenal glands by sleeping, I find myself listening once again to interesting webshows with low carb experts.

First this one where Tom "Fat Head" Naughton participates: Canadian Radioshow with Tom Naughton

And then this one in Swedish, with the two most famous LCHF doctors in Sweden:  doktor-dahlqvist-berattar-sin-historia

What strikes me the most is that both of them are saying almost the exact same thing: The establishment (state, politicians, medical advisors, scientific experts) will probably never admit having been wrong in the dietary recommendation but that the revolution and the "salvation" of the human health happens on the internet. 

Second, one very, now I mean VERY important point made by Tom Naughton is about the dangerous situation of all those people suffering from gluten related deseases but who do not realize it, and their doctors are treating symptoms, not looking for causes. This is exactly what I was trying to explain to a friend yesterday, how frustrated I become when I hear of people suffering from ailments, ills and pains, allergies and infections, even autoimmune deseases that so often are mentioned on these glutenfree/lowcarb/natural health blogs as being related to gluten sensitivity ... but these persons are seldomly aware of it, because their doctors do not make the connection. Often, I believe the doctor only treats the illness. But while the cause is not detected new illnesses will continue to appear...and it is my experience that very few doctors have a good understanding of what mess gluten can cause in our bodies. At some point for a gluten sensitive person it might get very ugly. And sorry guys, the gluten tests are NOT reliable...

So people out there, be aware - read up on gluten and particularly wheat - it might save you from many many grievances in the future. At the end of the day, does it really hurt to be aware? I mean, if you are like I used to be you probably don't want to listen because you just loooove than bread, that bun, that lasagna, that bagel... but hey, as you can see from my blog and the links to other blogs on my page - there are many treats out there that are glutenfree. Life doesn't end when you stop eating bread - it is actually right there where real life starts!


...And one more thing, can someone PLEASE tell Fazer that it is totally USELESS to add milk foam fat and 1% milk foam to their 70% chocolate. What kind of dark chocolate is that? Dark chocolate should be 100% milkfree. I am quite p*ssed off actually. Enough that they put soy lecitin in almost all chocolates (Lindt doesn't, thank you very much) but milk? Completely useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment