Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Acidity


This morning I woke up with the feeling that I need to figure out how to balance out the acidity of what I am eating. Haha, as if somebody heard my my thoughts,  I was served this fantastic article on the subject: acid-alkaline-tips-for-balancing-your-diet

To not to have to refrase, here the first extract from that link: "Almost all foods that we eat, after being digested, absorbed, and metabolised, release either an acid or an alkaline base (bicarbonate) into blood. Grains, fish, meat, poultry, shellfish, cheese, milk, and salt all produce acid. The mass consumption of these foods have caused our bodies to become overly acidic, which strips it of minerals."
 
In short, this process is harmful as you will end up with mineral deficiencies. To alkalize the body (neutralize it maybe is what most healthy persons should aim at) we need to eat more veggies and fruits. This is why raw food diets are so successful for many (particularly apparently cancer patients). It does the trick! Well, further into my day, my Facebook News feed was populated with this blogpost on the topic: raw-nice-and-easy.

I will be increasing veggies in my diet. I am already trying to make a green smoothie for hubby and me every morning (when inspired... as you've seen, there has been a dip in my inspiration lately). I will also try to add some more (green) veggies to the plate. I might even do a raw week this summer as local vegetables start populating our grocery stores again. But my concern is, yes, the children. I read so many different strategies on this one but I still have to confess, getting a 2- year old to embrace lettuce is no easy task. Or to make an almost 5 year old drink a deep green smoothie. Really bugs me, because I am sure the so much talked about D-vitamin deficiency (amongst other) could be cured if we found the way to trick the little ones into cheering with greens.

Have  a nice start of the week y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment