Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Land of plenty


After getting home with some 10 kilos of fresh fruits and veggies from the veggie market today, I ask myself, why on earth are there so many stands around this city that dedicate their business to sell only cookies, chips and sweets? Why on earth would anyone like to eat that crap when you can have fresh avocado, apples, oranges, chirimoyas, celery....whatever you wish in abundance. And cheap.

Fruits and vegetables are just the best invention ever. And I am happy that I am located in the land of plenty right now. Do not even feel cravings for chocolates! And although I found coconut oil (Tropical Traditions, expensive as h*ll) and dates today, I have a feeling that we will not be rolling too many chocolate balls while we are here.

Instead, today I taught mother and sister-in-law how to make cauliflower-pure based on bonebroth and butter. Yammy.

Here you can read about our trip to the vegetable market: La vega - I´m in love!

Next time I need a double granny-buggy to get all the necessary vegetables with me home!

No comments:

Post a Comment