Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cookies

I got a question today, whether I had a recipe for oatmeal cookies. I didn't so I decided to make some. Now, I didn't have oatmeal at home and also I found a very interesting almond cookie recipe in my grandmother's recipe book that I wanted to try to fix (leave out the sugar). So instead of oatmeal I made almond cookies.

Soak 3 dl of almond (good if it is for more than 3 hours, I only soaked for aprox 10 minutes, this is to get rid of the phytic acid that is on top of the almonds). Soak 100g of dates.

While soaking, whip 2 egg whites to white foam. Then mix the dates and the almonds in a mixer. Add the almond/date mix to the whipped eggs. Distribute the dough with two tea spoons on the oven plate.     Place the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes on 200 degrees.

If you want chocolate cookies add 1-2 tbsp cocoa to the batch, and a mashed banana if you want sweeter cookies.

Pardon my English... it has been a looong day.

And this was the result (the darker ones are the chocolate cookies).




No comments:

Post a Comment