Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Little bit of this and that

And so I am done discussing white man's burden for today, and before I am off to bed to get started on an interesting (academic) book (yes I know, I should allow myself a break sometimes.. like endless surfing on the Internet during office hours) I'll just plot down some thoughts.

First, just so that you know, today I bought a box of premade liver-casserole. The ingredient list was too long, it included both sugar and milk powder but I was also tired and knew that the kids would not eat what I had to offer them anyway. In the end we ended up eating dinner at the kids friends place, healthy and all. But in the evening the tummies were not satisfied with what I had to offer (I've also given in to premade gluten-free bread lately) so they got the liver casserole as well. Cold. And Kidone ate two plates. The beauty of industrial made food. The appealing taste, even when served cold!

Second, I hear rumors that Starbucks will enter the Finnish market soon. Wouldn't bother me - not the kind of place I'd visit anyway (when was I last time at Robert's coffee? When was I out for a coffee last time?). Especially not now that I am trying to get rid of coffee (this week I have been having problems to stay away... too tired, too many tempting situations.... And the result? Leg-cramps in the night, tonight so strong that I almost could not get out of bed to get rid of them. Lousy coffee, why do I drink it!?! But what I was going to say was that there is a somewhat amusing moving on starbucks out on youtube. Watch it if your interested in green consumption and the like. Nice animation but really, who are Starbucks fooling here? And did Zizek really sell off his ideas to be used in marketing purposes? I've seen a different clip earlier... it didn't end this way. Brutal.



Now off to bed before the cortisol hits my bellyfat!

No comments:

Post a Comment