Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

December solutions

Earlier I wrote about my food dilemma in December. How I did not want to miss out on the Christmas spirit but was not ready to introduce ingredients that we do not consume anymore. The solution? I made my own recipe for ginger bread cookies, glögg and chocolates.  The ginger bread recipe was shared earlier. Here comes the chocolate and alcohol free glögg (kids loved it).


Chocolates:
Cacao butter
cacao powder
macademia nuts
dried ecological fruits: mango, pineapple, bananas.

I do not know exactly the amounts of each as it was a trial and error thing. Heated cacao butter until it melted, added poweder and the other ingredients (crushed and cut into small pieces). Poored into ice cube molds and muffin mold. Cooled 1h in fridge, then this is waht they looked like

So far everyone has been liking them. Oh, in this first batch I added some agave, while I still have it. In the second I left it out. Didn't seem to be a difference there.

Then the GLÖGG

Ingredients:
Water
Cinnamon stick
100% organic apple juice
glögg spices (I think it includes whole pieces of cloves, ginger, cinnamon, apples)


I used the water that was left over from cooking pumpking with a cinnamon stick yesterday, let the cinnamon stick soak in the water over night. Added apple juice and the spices, all ingredients soaked for another 2-3 hours. Heated the glögg and then got rid of the spices. Did not take a pic, sorry! But it was delicious, A couldn't stop drinking! :-)

3 comments:

  1. December is truly filled with dilemmas; shopping, christmas cards, wrapping paper, what to eat or not to eat... Sigh. And very important, trying to ENJOY the season and not only stressing!
    THANK YOU for the wheat free ginger bread recipe! Will be making those myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is! My I haven't stressed too much yet. Been living in my home office bubble, far away from the shopping fuzz... so far that there is actually one gift still missing! Hey, put a little bit more honey/agave in the gingerbread cookies, I made a second batch with only 0,5 dl and they turned out more like crackers than cookies. I mean its ok with the blue cheese, but for coffee bread, hmmm, maybe not if your handing them out to mainstream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ojdå, blogspot raderade visst några ord. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete