Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

After watching the whole thing

In a few days I will do a summary of this year of food discoveries, all from fat, carbs in general, sugar, milk and wheat. But for now I can only say that if this year has been all about chosing the right nutrients for our food, I hope next year will be a step further, making ethic and sustainable choices that are also good for our health. After having seen Food Inc, I am definatelly done buying the cheap chicken breasts from the big supermarkets... We'll be eating Organic from the open market from now on...which also means that it won't be part of our weekly diet... I will turn to elk, reindeer, organic beef (all of these already implemented) and we really HAVE to skip the cheap salmon no matter how easy it is! If I only could figure out a way of having the children eating more beans, lenses and chickpeas...thinking of taking an Asian cooking course actually. Problem with the beans (and the coconut products) is that these are not exactly locally grown... And if we are to turn local in our food consumption then the portion of carbs in my own diet will have to increase...Kids are not either all that eager on beetroots and sprout... And we need to start storing a whole lot more of the summer harvest, building up a yearly investment plan somehow, spending a whole lot in Aug-Sept to then go on saving mode from Nov-May.
Well, still trying to figure it all out somehow. My body that is carb sensitive, sugar triggering risks and all that stuff, kids with their own special tastes and needs, hubby mostly happy with what is served but in need of easy instructions to jump in in the kitchen (and why deny it, on normal weekdays so am I!)... I think we have come some way on our food journey, but the movie I just saw made me even more painfully aware of that it is not enough... Maybe a task for 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment