Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wheatfree honey-based gingerbread cookies

I've had to give up some of my rules to bake ginger bread cookies this year....but still, these are wheat free and refined sugar free. When I started mixing with the traditional recipe I thought to myself, the objective of this excercise is to let the kids bake the cookies, if they turn bad its no problem, we can live without cookies. However, I am quite impressed myself with the result, these taste good, if I may say so, even better than many normal ginger bread cookies. Or is it only than my tastebuds are destroyed forever? Anyway, I won't be eating too many cookies this Christmas, these are mainly for the kids (G would have eaten the whole batch already in the morning, if I hadn't stopped him) and guests (b'day party coming up in a couple of days!). Here the recipe:

Ingredients

150 gr butter
05-1 dl honey (depending on how sweet you need them to be)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 dl buckwheatflour
1 egg
2 tsp ginger bread cookie spices (ginger, ground clove, ground orange rind, cinnamon)


Melt the butter and add the honey and spices, take off stove, let cool. Add egg. Blend soda with buckwheat flour. Add the buckwheat flour to the rest. Place in fridge over night. When making the cookies, add buckwheat flour if needed (if it is too sticky). Bake the cookies in 180 degree for aprox 10 minutes. Let cool before you remove from the baking tray.




Good thing I am baking with children! Good excuse for the mess and the somewhat bumped into cookies! So much more charming this way. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment