Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Physillium bread

I think I was a little bit too enthusiastic foodie last weekend... Thanking myself this week that there were a lot of left overs left from Monday to Thursday. Today is the first day I have plan ahead what to cook for dinner. Still have not decided.

My only input in the kitchen this week, except for porridge and heated food has been Physsilium based bread  (gluten & wheat free). The bread was good (my only doubt is the yieest - good or bad, anyone?) and now we have Kidone's Thursday picnic food solved for a month ahead (4 pieces in the freezer) - you can imagine that she was happy to have bread in her bag after 2 months on eggs, carrots, nuts and apples. I guess peer pressure is quite powerful already at the age of 4.

Here is the recipe:

25 g yeest
2,5 dl water or milk (I happened to have unpastorized, unhomogenized goat milk and used that one)
0,5 tbls Fiberhusk (powdered physsilium seeds)
1 tbls olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 dl buckwheat flour.

Heat the liquid to 37 degree and add the yeest and fiberhusk. Mix and let this swell for 10 minutes. Add the rest. Make small buns and let swell for another 35-45 minutes. Owen, 200 degrees, 10-15 minutes.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I will definitely try this one! Have all the ingredients at home. (Well not the goat milk, I'll try with soy milk instead.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. works fine with just water as well.

    ReplyDelete