Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

That sweet coffee bread...

I am in a battle with myself right now. It just happens that as I finished the book on how bad actually wheat is for the human body, I am also tomorrow supposed to be serving coffee and something to go with the coffee for my colleagues. Talk about bad timing! To make this situation even worse our food processor decided to brake down (again, second time this year, Gigantti better be faster this time, last time the service took 4 weeks!) and so I can hardly make any muffins or alike, especially not for more than 10 persons without the help of my almond grinder...

So do I go to the bakery down the street to pick up some wheat and sugar filled cinnamon buns, although painfully aware of the multiple harm these buns provoke on (most) human bodies? Or do I only pick up some nuts and fruits from the grocery store and let the sweet tooth of my colleagues go unnoticed? To be or not to be - the freak - that is the question at stake over here right now.... A possible solution would be some glutenfree coffee bread, although this is still against my principle of avoiding sugar dense products (rising bloodsugar - insuline - insuline resistance). On the other hand, not having a clue of how bloodsugar is affected by the "wise choice" bakeries baked at home with dates and bananas (it might even be worse than white sugar, how would I know, I haven't checked....), I might as well skip that principle right away.

It just feels really awkard after having undressed the truth about sugar and wheat to then the next day be offering, as a kind gesture, such baked products to others (not eating it myself, of course). I mean, who would as a kind gesture be giving away cigarettes at a coffee break at work? You might think I am overreacting here, but I guess that is fairly normal reaction to the potent message transmitted through the very informative book by Mr. Davis...

And no, I have no intentions to go into details or lecturing on the harms of wheat tomorrow... I rather stay focused on my work...so maybe just because of that I'll skip my principles for one day and go and pick up a tasty 'pullapitko' down the street. It's their coice if they eat it or not, right? And at least I am giving my support to the local SME, small contribution to make our neighbourhood flourish! The bakeries can't have it easy these days, with all the talk about low carb and the 'evil' bread...

And that is how I justify my choices. Simple as that! I thank my blog for having helped me in my agony.

5 comments:

  1. hahaah fair enough! Cookies de avena, coco, huevos y mantequilla son malos tambien?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si es puro avena esta bien. Pero todo depende de la persona y su sensibilidad a carbohidratos (y gluten). Sustituyendo avena con nueces probablemente ayuda un poco, y aumentando la cantidad de huevos... Dame la receta para probar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitt tips är kokostoppar gjorda på kokosflingor, ägg och agave. (Håller blodsockret stadigare än vitt socker.) Går dessutom jättesnabbt att laga. Jag ger dig gärna receptet om du vill. Hemlagade chokobollar utan ugn är också supergoda, men då måste du ha en mixer för valnötterna...
    Om du går via bageriet är det också mer än ok Mia! Då kan du väl i stället bara satsa på de lite vettigare alternativen, typ släta bullar i stället för munk eller wienerbröd. De är väl lite mindre söta också.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oj det låter gott. Har nog agave hemma men använder det nästan aldrig, inte ens när det rekommenderas i receptet, behövs ej. Men skicka receptet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No hay receta, solo mezclo las 4 cosas en proporciones "de ojo" kkkkkk pero la idea original la saqué de tu blog!

    ReplyDelete