Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Coping strategies for hectic days

This week has been another hectic week, but in a different way than previous weeks. It has now been ages since I made a week menu and sticked to it. This week has been even more simple - I have rushed to the grocery store to buy stomething on the way to pick up the kids or together with the kids. Planning on the spot... Yes I know, I would save time by not going to the grocery store everyday, but there is only so much you can do with your head at the same time...

So the coping strategy has been to mix in nutrition into the dishes I have prepared. Like for example, the other day we had pea soup for dinner. Yes, that is right, the canned pea soup (which by the way does not include anything strange, only peas, lard, pork meat and some salt - only if the can (read BP-A) is toxic would I consider this a bad choice). To make the soup a little bit more nutrient dense I used bone broth instead of water and I added some tumeric powder. Kids ate two plates!

The other day we had reindeer with mashed potatoes. I added organic spinach to the potatoes, and instead of milk and butter I used bonebroth and ghee. Once again. Success.

Soemtime things do not need to be that difficult...

1 comment:

  1. Canned organic pea soup is my saviour! The kids love it.

    ReplyDelete