Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunflower seed muffins - best in town

I thank the dinosaur book for this delicious recipe (originally called Mini nut butter cups, p. 195)

2 eggs
1 ripe mashed banana
1 cup sinflowe seed butter (I made my own from sunflowers with water - dunno how it should be, but this worked out fine).
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 86%)
1/3 cup chopped pecan nuts

Prepare the sunflower butter by grinding sunflower seeds for a good while in a mixer, add a little bit of water and grind until it is butterish.

Then mix eggs and mashed banana together and add the sunflower butter & salt. Chop the chocolate/pecans and stir into the dough. Place dough in muffins forms (silicone, do not stick) and bake in oven on 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

I am not kidding, we ate these muffins in less than 5 minutes. Three each, if we were that lucky. Kids and hubby were mad at me that I had not done more. But we were out of more sunflower seeds and eggs...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment