Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Going Continental...

I am still up North, just a little bit less up North than normally. I am in Denmark for a few days. And here are some observations:

1. I just looooove their bicycling culture. This capital, which is probably a lot bigger than Helsinki, is quiet at rush hour!!! Few cars on the roads. But be aware of the bikes. They come in all colors and formats, and they have priority in most crossings.... I am particularly impressed with the threewheelers with the child trailer infront (detachable and replaceable with one single wheel). I also like the small children seats, they look a lot more practical than the one jumping on the back of my yellow beauty back home. May I add that all Danes on a bike look very alive, healthy and happy! Wish we wouldn't have so much snow at home and that our politicians would understand to make bikes a priority on all streets and crossings... 

2. The antichemical, low carb all natural lifestyle wave is also hitting this country hard. At least based on  literature sold in main book stores down the road.

3. Organic fruits and veggies offering is so much better and cheaper in normal grocery stores. I guess that is what they get for being geographically attached to the continent.

4. Talking about continental, there was not much of an option to the bread alternative down at the hotel continental breakfast. Tomorrow I eat my own up in my room: avocados, and serrano ham. All organic!

2 comments:

  1. I guess this blog post combined the Patiperra with the Sweet dreamer in me! :-)

    ReplyDelete