Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Miracle medicine: Bone Broth!

Ok, since I started reading on the GAPS diet I have been serving bone broth in every dinner at this house. Guess what? I see improvement in Kidone's apetite. Today she had all of her Broccoli soup (!) and reports from daycare lunch are encouraging as well. Coincidence? Maybe. But for all its worth, I think I'll continue with my witch power recipe for yet another week or two.

Next on the agenda is to get decent heavy duty probiotics (and forget the gefilus candy-like pills sold at any pharmacy these days). Wonder if anyone in this town sells the brand Biokult recommended by Campbell-McBride...

One of my very much respected bloggers (except that she uses an awfally lot of sweetners in her dessert recipes) explains some of the benefits of broth, AND give away a recipe for bone broth in the same blog post: Chicken dumplings and intestinal health.  I have made my broth just based on my previous knowledge, out of cooking lamb bones and whole chickens, each with water carrots and onion and some pepper seeds... still need to get my hands on grass-fed chicken, next time Dr. Gadget, next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment