Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My candy is healthy!

Hehe, look what I found:


Health Benefits and Uses of Ginger


We use a lot of ginger, fresh, dry, powdered, you name it. Best combination is ginger+tamari+coconut milk, this makes any food taste excellent!

I also use dry ginger (without added sugar!) on my full fat morning yogurt... if hubby hasn't got his hands on them all... you see, dry ginger is also our best snack and candy. We both love it - so a bag of dried ginger just magically disappears in our house. Kids haven't caught on to our obsession, yet... because maybe it is an aquired taste, just as the Nordic licorice frenzy, introduced at early age up here in the North.

Which reminds me... I have to remember to buy home more raw licorice powder now that I am in Denmark. When my sweet tooth hits me (seldomly these days) I usually eat a spoon of licorice powder. Licorice powder does not disappear from the cupboard as fast as ginger, you see, I am the only one with that aquired taste! Lucky I am all done with the Tukish Pepper, though, too sweet and auch how the mouth used to hurt  the day after digesting one (!) whole bag of those. Talk about hangover.

Cheers for raw ginger and raw licorice powder! Sweets for my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment