Go David Gillespie!
Australia on board as well! Congrats!
Excellent note on how we should not be feeding (hidden) sugars to our kids.
And these are his books:
And here some of his (unsurprising) observations:
Sugar was once such a rare resource that nature decided we didn’t need an off-switch – in other words, we can keep eating sugar without feeling full.
- In the space of 150 years, we have gone from eating no added sugar to more than a kilogram a week.
- You would need to run 7km every day of your life just to not put on weight as a result of eating thatmuch sugar.
- Two decades ago 1 in 14 adult Australians were obese; that figure is now 1 in 5.
- The ‘natural’ sugar in one glass of unsweetened fruit juice per day for a year is enough to add just over 2.5kg your waistline.
- The more sugar we eat, the more we want. Food manufacturers exploit our sugar addiction by lacing it through ‘non-sweet’ products, such as bread, sauces, soups and cereals.